Year 3 Homework
A homework task will be sent home at the start of every half term in Homework Logs. This is a creative task and each child can choose to complete it to suit their interests.
However your child chooses to do it, be it a 3D model, cookery or creating something on the computer, please take a photo / print a copy of it to share in their Homework Log using a double page spread.
Sent home: Monday 4th November
Due back in school: Friday 13th December
Here are some amazing examples from our fantastic Homework Galleries..
Reading at Home
Remember to read regularly at home. It’s important your child reads to you but you reading to them can be really beneficial too!
Please record home reading in your child’s reading journal. If they read independently and write this into their own journal, please intital what they have written.
Reading Rocket Race
- Read FOUR times a week at home to earn a sticker on your reward card (this is kept above your peg).
- Read FIVE times a week or more to be a STAR READER named on the board!
- You require ten stickers to complete each level: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. Receive a special certificate when you have completed each one!
- Watch the Reading Rocket Race in our classroom to see who is in the lead to have their name engraved upon our School Shield at the end of the year!
- Reading in the school holidays counts too, providing it is written in your diary.
So let’s get reading! Remember to record each read in your diary and clearly indicate when a book is finished.
We will be focusing on the recall of:
x2, x5, x10 times tables – with corresponding division facts
x3, x4, x8, x11 – with corresponding division facts
Times tables are tested every Thursday. We will keep you updated on what times table your child is working on by sending home a certificate when they complete each level. Please support them to strengthen their recall at home.